Quality Assurance Engineer
- Tempe, AZ
- Full Time
meltmedia is looking for a QA Software Engineer who is passionate about the Internet. If you keep up with the latest trends in technology, we have the perfect role for you.
Who we are:
meltmedia is a fast growing, dynamic company in the business of interactive design and software development. We create brand-intelligent solutions for today’s business needs. We also create intelligent-brands. The agency’s ability to customize high-impact interactive solutions is based on its unmatched business insight, technology and design savvy. By partnering with meltmedia, businesses can build a long-term sustainable brand strategy and gain a competitive advantage to promote their brand more efficiently.
meltmedia provides a wide array of internet products and solutions to an impressive list of Fortune 500 and mid-size companies. We have a proven legacy and portfolio of brand clients that rely upon our award winning firm and we’re recognized by Inc. as one of the fastest growing companies to watch. Even if Inc. didn’t recommend watching us, we’re still fun to watch. We do tricks.
meltmedia offers a casual (read: “no tuxedos”), small team (read: “less than 12,993”), work environment (read: “work environment”) that's high on responsibility and low on politics and fair-to-midland on sewing skills. We also offer competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare, paid holidays, running water, 401K, desk chairs, and paid time off.
Who you are:
This position involves testing high transaction web-based and database applications, with a focus on automating those tests. The candidate will interact with analysts, project managers, developers and other team members to analyze requirements and identify test scenarios; write test plans, test scripts, and test result reports; execute test scripts and validate findings; track and report defects; and ensure the quality and stability of the products delivered to our clients.
The candidate must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, along with having strong communication and team based skills to execute projects with demanding deadline expectations.
- Identify standardized software testing templates and processes for use on all meltmedia projects.
- Analyze user stories and acceptance criteria for the creation of test scenarios and cases.
- Provide constructive feedback on application usability and about the consistency and depth of the product vision and goal
- Identify and monitor software quality areas of highest risk for each project.
- Perform black box testing on all meltmedia projects.
- Document defects and support analysis of corrective actions.
- Take a support role in setting up testing environments.
- Develop and improve testing methods, processes and overall quality of testing deliverables.
- Write FAQ and support scripts for triage team.
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
Required Traits and Skills:
- Passion for testing. Zest for life. Indifference for ambivalence.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with writing test plans, designing test cases and executing test scripts.
- Understanding of latest trends in Quality Assurance processes and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of development and test methodologies.
- Understanding of web technologies and testing of back end web services applications.
- Passing familiarity of astrophysics and rocket surgery.
- Ability to understand how system components inter-relate.
- Good understanding of web-based service-level interactions. Able to debug/trace low level HTTP(s) data interchange and analyze technical error bug logs.
- Experience with defect tracking tools
- Good communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Good analytical skills, and close attention to detail.
- Experience working on multiple simultaneous projects with varying priorities.
- Ability to work independently on diverse problems and resolve testing challenges on a daily basis.
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others while upholding the values of the organization
- Ability to work well as part of a team; to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, give as well as welcome feedback, contribute to building team spirit, aid others to succeed.
What enhances success:
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environment and knowledge of any scripting language is a plus.
- An interest in automation, or learning automation of testing
- Python coding ability