meltmedia is looking for an Email Project Manager who is passionate about the Internet and enjoys working cross-functionally with marketing, creative and technology teams to execute email marketing programs.
meltmedia is a fast growing, dynamic company in the business of interactive design and software development. We provide a wide array of Internet products and solutions to an impressive list of Fortune 500 and mid-size companies.
This position involves supervising the production of email communications such as client newsletters, product surveys, feedback forms, and company announcements. The email manager will work closely with meltmedia's design, product development and customer's marketing teams to create visually appealing email templates, effective landing pages and other online messaging for various audiences. They will utilize online tools to create mass email campaigns, track open and delivery rates, and monitor subscriptions according to spam regulations.
The ideal candidate should have experience in the field of direct marketing and/or web marketing, with knowledge of database management practices. Candidate needs a service oriented approach including excellent organizational, attention-to-detail, quality-control and analytical skills. Candidate should be a talented professional who combines strategic vision with demonstrated marketing experience. This position requires someone who can translate business objectives into strategies and project plan for high-volume email marketing programs. The candidate must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment, along with having strong communication and team based skills to execute projects with demanding deadline expectations.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of a campaign (project brief, planning, scheduling, design, development and coordination with supporting parties)
- Identify campaign objectives and key performance indicators
- Define customer segmentation and business logic in coordination with clients and campaign objectives
- Drive overall email capture initiatives to grow customer email list and opt-ins. Improve click through, open rates, and brand engagement.
- Monitor and minimize unsubscribe/bounce/complaint rates and ensure spam regulation compliance (e.g. CAN-SPAM).
- Coordinate with the design and development teams to ensure campaign aligns with marketing strategy and has been tested accordingly for deployment.
- Maintain email best practices including browser/client/device compatibility, appearance of subject lines, use of images etc.
- Analyze all key email marketing key performance indicators (KPIs) to continually optimize all email programs, analyzing key components of each campaign, including lists, offers, messaging, creative, deliverability, open rates, click through rates, conversion and average order size.
- Identify, test and implement new opportunities to improve conversion and customer satisfaction via email communications. Introduce and promote e-marketing best practices such as segmentation and testing, aggressive profiling, drip-campaigns, geo-targeting, dynamic content delivery, etc.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- 3-5 years of project management experience, preferably in interactive technologies
- 2+ years experience in email marketing
- Hands-on and in-depth experience across the end-to-end email marketing process through one of the major email providers, either in client or agency role
- Understanding of design and implementation issues affecting email deliverability and customer engagement
- Experience with consumer marketing communications/creative optimization, segmentation and targeting
- Ability to follow through on completion of tasks, within tight timelines; with minimal oversight; and with a high degree of quality control
- Detail-oriented team player with strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to think conceptually, strategically and creatively
- Skilled in project collaboration techniques: brainstorming, consensus building, team building, conflict resolution, etc
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic familiarity with web analytics systems (e.g., Omniture, Google Analytics)
- Familiarity with online media, search, and/or e-commerce is a plus
- Ability to articulate and champion email marketing best practices and standards
- Experience with database management and list creation
- Expertise in email regulations, e.g. CAN-SPAM
- Understanding of basic web technology including HTML, APIs and SEO
- Experience with email clients like Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, Outlook and Yahoo.
- Ability to perform and willingness to learn in a fast moving environment with limited management oversight.
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others while upholding the values of the organization
- Ability to work well as part of a team; to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, give as well as welcome feedback, contribute to building team spirit, aid others to succeed
- Experience with other online media and website development a plus
- Agency or brand marketing experience a plus
melt is an award-winning agency specializing in digital marketing technology for the pharmaceutical industry. We have an impressive portfolio of leading national clients, and have been named the #1 web design agency, #1 mobile development firm, a top five software company, a best place to work, and an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company in America. Since launching in 2000, we have achieved industry-leading client and employee retention rates and grown to over 60 full-time, in-house employees.